Associate Records from other Modules to a Quote
You can associate sales orders and activities with a quote. After the quote has been accepted, staff, can generate a sales order / invoice to track the next stages of the deal.
Two ways to associate a quote with other modules
Create a quote from within another module,
Map a module to a quote.
Please note that quotes must always have a corresponding product or service module associated with them.
To create a quote from other modules
The example below describes how to view and manage the 'Quotes' records associated with an organization record. A similar process can be followed to associate other module types.
- Click 'All' > 'Organization'
- Click on an organization record in the list then click 'Quotes' on the right
- Click the '+ Add Quote' button.
The list contains any quotes you created previously.
- Enter the 'Subject' and 'Product' fields (Other mandatory fields will be populated) and click 'Save'
quote record will be added to the 'Quotes' interface associated with
the organization record.
Generate a Sales record from a quote
To view, add and manage associated records:
- Click 'All' > 'Quote'
- Click any quote to open its detail page
The menu on the right shows modules that can be associated with a quote. Click on the 'Sales Order' links to view quote records that have already been associated with a sales order.
You can associate following options with quotes:
- Quote Details – View existing summary information of the quote data, activities, updates and sales order details
- Updates - View the modifications done on the quote record
- Sales Order - Create a new sales order and associate with the quote record
- Activities - Schedule meetings, calls and To-dos on the quote record
There are two ways to generate a sales order from a quote:
- From the 'Quotes' interface:
- Click 'All' > 'Quotes' to open the quotes interface
- Open a quote then click the 'Sales Order' link on the right.
- Click 'More' > 'Generate Sales Order'. Click 'Save' when you have completed the form.
- The new sales order will be associated with the quote.
- From the 'Sales Order Interface':
The following sections explain these methods in greater detail:
- Click 'All' > 'Sales Order' to open the sales order interface
- Click 'Add Sales Order' OR open an existing sales order and click 'Edit'
- Use the 'Quote Name' field in the new/edit quote interface to select an existing sales order
To associate a sales order record to a quote record from the 'Quotes' module:
- Click 'All' > 'Quotes' (under 'Marketing and Sales') to open the 'Quote List' interface
- Select a quote record > Click 'More' and then choose 'Generate Sales Order'
- Mouse over a contact record to view the options at the far right end of the row
- Click the respective icon for the action you want to execute on the sales order.
Opens the sales order details interface of the respective sales order record. See Add a Sales Order for more details.
Allows you to edit the contact details. See Add a Sales Order for more details.
Removes the sales order record from the list of sales orders associated with the quote record.